Chicken salad is any salad with chicken as the main ingredient. Other common ingredients may include mayonnaise, hard-boiled egg, celery, onion, pepper, pickles (or pickle relish) and a variety of mustards.
In the United States, “chicken salad” refers to either any salad with chicken or a specifically mixed salad consisting primarily of chopped chicken meat and a binder, such as mayonnaise or salad dressing. Like tuna salad and egg salad, it may be served on top of lettuce, tomato, avocado, or some combination of these. It may also refer to a garden salad with fried, grilled, or roasted chicken (usually cut up or diced) on top.
- 250 gms. boneless Chicken
- 1 Red Capsicum (julienne)
- 2 Spring onion strips
- 1 Yellow capsicum (julienne)
- 1 tbsp. Salad oil
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Soya sauce
- 1 tsp. red Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Place chicken pieces, red & yellow capsicum, onion, garlic paste, salad oil in a microwave-safe dish (covered) and microwave for 5 mins. at 100% power.
- Add salt, soya sauce, lemon juice, chili flakes. Toss it well. Microwave for 3 mins. at 100% power.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Chef’s Tip: Chicken salad is a low calorie diet.