How To Make Spinach Soup In Microwave
Spinach soup is a soup prepared using spinach as a primary ingredient. The soup can be prepared as a broth-based or cream-based soup, and the latter can be referred to as “cream of spinach soup.”Fresh, canned or frozen spinach can be used, and the spinach can be used whole, puréed or chopped. Additional ingredients can include onion, green onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- 250 gms. fresh Spinach
- 2 tbsp. Garlic & Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp. Onion paste
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 tsp. Cornflour
- 2 tbsp. fresh Cream
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- In a microwave safe bowl place spinach and microwave for 10 mins. at 100% power.
- Blend spinach to make a puree.
- In another microwave safe bowl microwave butter at 100% power for 30 secs.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion paste to the melted butter. Microwave for 4 mins. at 100% power.
- Add spinach paste and water to the mixture. Microwave for 4 mins. at 100% power.
- Add milk, cornflour and dissolve in 2tbsp. water. Microwave for 2 mins. at 100% power.
- Garnish with beaten cream.
Health tip: For low calorie, omit cream & cornflour. Instead of spinach you can make bottle gourd (lauki) soup.