How To Make Spicy Potato Salad In Microwave
It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. American potato salad most likely originated from recipes brought to the U.S. by way of German and European settlers during the nineteenth century. American-style potato salad is served cold or at room temperature. Ingredients often include mayonnaise or a mayonnaise-like substitute (such as yogurt or sour cream), herbs, and vegetables (such as onion and celery). German-style potato salad is generally served warm and is typically made with vinegar or olive oil, herbs, and bacon.
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 tsp. Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 green Chillies
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp. Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. green Chutney
- 2 tbsp. Curd
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- Few Coriander leaves
- Salt & red chili powder to taste
- Place the potatoes in a transparent polybag and microwave for 7 mins. at 100% power.
- Allow standing for 5 mins. Peel and cut the potatoes in slices.
- In a microwave-safe bowl place oil, onion, garlic, green chili and microwave for 2 mins. at 100% power.
- Add curd, tomato ketchup, green chutney, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder. Toss it well. Microwave for 1 min. at 100% power.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot or chilled.