How To Make Penne With Salsa In Microwave
In Italy, penne is produced in two main variants: “penne lice” (smooth) and “penne rigate” (furrowed), the latter having ridges on each penna. Pennoni (“big quills”) is a wider version of penne. A slightly larger version called mostaccioli(meaning “little mustache” in some Italian dialects) can also be found, which can also be either smooth or ridged in texture.
- 100 gms. Penne
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. crushed Garlic
- ½ cup Tomato puree
- 1 Capsicum (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp. red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Mustard sauce
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe bowl place 3 cups of water, penne, I tsp. oil, ½ tsp. salt and microwave for 8 mins. 100% power.
- Drain and wash with plenty of water
- In a microwave bowl place olive oil, chopped onion, capsicum, garlic, tomato puree, tomato sauce, red chili flakes, oregano and microwave for 4 mins. at 100% power.
- Add boiled penne, salt, pepper, mustard sauce and microwave for 4 mins at 100% power.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot/cold.
Chef’s Tip: Macaroni or some different pasta can be used instead of penne.