How To Make Cream Of Tomato Soup In Microwave
Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes which include chunks (or small pieces) of tomato, cream and chicken/vegetable stock. Popular toppings for tomato soup include sour cream or croutons. Tomato soup is one of the top comfort foods in Poland and the United States. It can be made fresh by blanching tomatoes, removing the skins, then blending into a puree.
- 500 gms. Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Carrot
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Potato
- 3 Cloves
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, water, onion, garlic, carrot, potato & cloves in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 8 mins. at 100% power.
- Grind the mixture with blender and strain this puree.
- Add salt, black pepper & sugar. Microwave for 7 mins. at 100% power.
- Add butter and garnish with beaten cream and few croutons. Serve hot.
Health tip: For lesser calories you can omit cream & butter.